5 things to know today: Air Canada jet close call details
The suspect in the slaying of two Edmonton police officers was a teenager, an alleged Chinese attempt to meddle in Vancouver’s municipal election has sparked outrage and new details are emerging about a close connection to an Air Canada plane. Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
1. “Unimaginable and terrible tragedy”Two Edmonton police patrol officers were killed early Thursday morning while responding to a domestic dispute call. CTV News has learned that the suspect was a 16-year-old boy.
2. Allegations of interferenceAllegations of the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver tried to intervene Last year’s municipal election echoed the city’s political class on Thursday.
3. Close the callAn initial report found that the Air Canada Rouge plane came within a kilometer An American Airlines plane at a Florida airport as US aviation officials grapple with the escalation of the plane crash.
4. Briefing notes. After policing the Freedom Column, the RCMP came out lessons learnednewly released documents show the need to better prepare, including for possible targeting of emergency phone lines.
5. “Fuel for the fire”. Canada’s inflation rate likely took another dip last month, but with many Canadians still struggling with the cost of living, the federal government. facing the pressure to provide more aid in the upcoming budget.
One more thing…
UniverseA new discovery can have an impact the future of human intelligence Mars
A relict glacier near the Martian equator. (NASA MRO HiRISE and CRISM false-color composite by Pascal Lee)
#today #Air #Canada #jet #close #call #details